Tuesday 27 June 2017

Lexapro Side Effects: Curbs Depression, but Not Worth Problems

As someone who has fought major depression for five years, I have experienced the side effects of several antidepressant drugs. Lexapro was about the third antidepressant I was prescribed over the course of my treatment. According to my doctor, Lexapro works also to decrease patient’s anxiety levels. From my personal experience, the drug did not ease my depression enough for it to be worth living with the debilitating side effects. Lexapro is in the class of SSRI’s, (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors), and thus affects the brain’s serotonin levels in order to elevate mood and also to ease anxiety. I was

The post Lexapro Side Effects: Curbs Depression, but Not Worth Problems appeared first on End Loneliness.



source https://endloneliness.net/depression/lexapro-side-effects-curbs-depression-not-worth-problems

No comments:

Post a Comment