Sunday 26 March 2017

Anxiety and Genetics: Breaking the Cycle

I’ve been dealing with anxiety and depression, in one version or another, for my entire life. Before I was diagnosed in college, I thought my symptoms-insomnia, panic, malaise, feelings of hopelessness, my inability to get out of bed-were about my intense academic schedule and my constant need to overachieve. I finally went to a therapist when I started to experience chest pain that seemed to have no medical explanation. It was then that I was finally diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. Generalized anxiety disorder, according to the National Institute of Mental Health (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/anxiety-disorders/generalized-anxiety-disorder-gad.shtml), is trademarked by exaggerated worry, persistent anxiety,

The post Anxiety and Genetics: Breaking the Cycle appeared first on End Loneliness.



source http://endloneliness.net/depression/anxiety-genetics-breaking-cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment