Monday 6 March 2017

Psychiatric Therapist Offers Primer in Smashing Depression

You Can Beat Depression. But First You Have to Know What is Standing in Your Way Having been a psychiatric therapist for fifteen years, I was stumped. Why were my clients finding it so difficult to beat depression? Was I teaching my clients the wrong things? I thought about what I was teaching them: how to talk back to negative and often really nasty self-thoughts; the importance of human connection; the essential need to seek out meaning and purpose in life; the need to toss aside, no hurl away, self-sabotaging behaviors; the vital role medication often plays. No, the problem

The post Psychiatric Therapist Offers Primer in Smashing Depression appeared first on End Loneliness.



source http://endloneliness.net/depression/psychiatric-therapist-offers-primer-smashing-depression

No comments:

Post a Comment