Sunday 5 February 2017

Fighting Depression with Activity

Problem When I get down, I sit around and mope. Then I feel guilty for doing just that. It’s a bad cycle; so how do you break it? Through activity. In the book Getting Up When You’re Feeling Down, Dr. Harriet Braiker suggested engaging in D.I.B.’s–Depression-Incompatible Behaviors. In other words, there are activities you can do to help you get up when you are down, and they work because these active behaviors are not compatible with depression. I published an article, Stop and Smell the Roses, in which I suggested a similar technique. That is, you schedule a small activity

The post Fighting Depression with Activity appeared first on End Loneliness.



source http://endloneliness.net/uncategorized/fighting-depression-activity

No comments:

Post a Comment