Friday 24 February 2017

Easing the Anxiety of Alzheimers with a Visit from “Dr. Dog”

When my mother first experienced memory problems, she and I both attributed it to ordinary “senior moments.” Mom forgot words for ordinary objects.   “Can you pick up some, ummm, you know, those round things, at the store?” she might ask, frowning as she sought to remember a word that she had used since childhood.   It became an increasingly familiar guessing game as I would try to figure out what she wanted. “Sponges? Tomatoes? Lemons? Potatoes?” I would question, watching her gesture hopelessly.   And even when I finally discovered what she wanted (apples, for example), both she and

The post Easing the Anxiety of Alzheimers with a Visit from “Dr. Dog” appeared first on End Loneliness.



source http://endloneliness.net/depression/easing-anxiety-alzheimers-visit-dr-dog

No comments:

Post a Comment