Tuesday 14 February 2017

Getting Off Anti-Depressants: Anti-Depressant Discontinuation Syndrome

I have taken the anti-depressant Paxil for seven years. This summer I began a gradual tapering off the anti-depressant medication. Each time that I have tried to quit taking paxil, I experience acute dizziness. Doctors call this Anti-Depressant Discontinuation Syndrome. I call it miserable. As I enter my sixth week weaning off from the paxil, I’m noticing more and more problems with dizziness, vertigo, balance and nausea. It is compounded by heat, humidity and allergy issues.   The last time I missed several doses of paxil, I had an acute attack of dizziness, nausea, disorientation, hallucinations and violent half awake

The post Getting Off Anti-Depressants: Anti-Depressant Discontinuation Syndrome appeared first on End Loneliness.



source http://endloneliness.net/depression/getting-off-anti-depressants-anti-depressant-discontinuation-syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment