Thursday 16 February 2017

Long Waits and High Anxiety: How I Got to Jeopardy!

“The Jeopardy! contestant search is coming to Boston!” After hearing that over the Jeopardy! closing credits one evening in 1996, only one response was possible in my household: “Let’s do this.”   First, you wait … Today’s contestants, doing so much online, will skip the frustration of placing a phone call to get an appointment for a tryout. I thought I’d go nuts over the rapid dial tone signaling more calls than the phone company could handle. Getting the call through seemed to take forever.   Eventually, my husband and I were among the lucky ones to get a time

The post Long Waits and High Anxiety: How I Got to Jeopardy! appeared first on End Loneliness.



source http://endloneliness.net/depression/long-waits-high-anxiety-got-jeopardy

No comments:

Post a Comment